Are you planning a winter wedding? It can be a beautiful time of year even in the coldest of cities. We have a few tips to help in your planning:
1. Plan for any type of weather. Even if snow/ice isn’t in the forecast, think through travel, shoes for walking outside, umbrellas for guests, bridesmaid cover-ups, and tights, etc.
2. Definitely take advantage of indoor photo ops. Work with your planner to decide on areas that would make for dreamy backdrops, and even create your own if you don’t automatically see what you’re looking for at your venue.
3. We can’t forget this most practical step, always purchase wedding insurance! This is especially true for winter weddings planned in areas that get big winter storms.
4. Have just one venue or at least two that are close to each other. Hold your ceremony and reception in one venue so as to minimize transport issues.
5. Have someone take care of the coats. They should be kept in a safe place upon arrival of guests.
6. Serve something warm. Keep your guests warm and comfortable all the time. Start by serving a hot drink upon arrival at the venue.